Wedding Photography Portfolio Site   |   View our All New Photography Blog  |   Contact Us                                                                                   

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Architectural Update

I had my first Architectural photography class last week! While we spent a lot of time going over 4x5" film basics, it was still interesting to see how the various tilt and shift options of these cameras can modify the image. I'm really looking forward to future classes as we are going to talk about some more digital techniques. I have access to the cage of goodies at RIT which includes a couple medium format digital cameras, a full range of Nikon lenses and lots of filters! I can't wait!

For our first assignment we were all given a building in Rochester to photograph. I got the visual horizons building in Henrietta. I shot it fairly early in the morning with a graduated ND filter to help balance the sky. I think it came out pretty good for a front on portrait of a building. I'm sure I'll learn a lot during our critique session tomorrow. Hopefully I can get chewed out good so I can really learn!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment