Wedding Photography Portfolio Site   |   View our All New Photography Blog  |   Contact Us                                                                                   

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Five Minute Difference

It just blows my mind how much lighting can change is such a small amount of time. I was downtown shooting some landscapes of the city lights and I kid you not, these images were taken within 5 minutes of each other. What a huge difference!


Rochester New York Landscape Photo


Rochester New York Landscape Photo

6 comments:

  1. Very nice blues Josh. Do you use any type of starburst filters? I was wondering if they were worth buying?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had the same experience with sundowns. There one second and zip, gone into never never land the next. Cool photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the comments guys, nope no starburst filters were harmed in the making of these pictures, just a 50mm f1.8 stopped down to around f8

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous images, and wow, the lighting did change! I've had things I wanted to photograph disappear on me for just that reason - a certain color of light against just the right pre-twilight sky, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice photos! I love the blues. Same thing with my photos here..

    http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=7939403
    &
    http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=8446334

    They were taken about 5-10 minutes apart. Completely different lighting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful. I love natural light shots. I've noticed the same thing, even with my simple digital camera.

    ReplyDelete