Wedding Photography Portfolio Site   |   View our All New Photography Blog  |   Contact Us                                                                                   

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Photography Meeting Room Update

So ever since I got engaged last month  Debra and I have been on a little painting binge. Now that she will be moving in with me sometime in the future we have decided to take the next step in our relationship: Painting.

Let me tell you, if you are in a new relationship and want to see if it is going to last, trying painting a few rooms with your partner. It involves extreme dexterity, patience, urgency, and a full diagnosis of you and your partners strengths and weaknesses.

Well, I guess I'm going to be with Debra for awhile. We successfully painted not just my home studio, but also my dining room, and the kitchen. It took a couple tries to get the rolling and edging down but I think we did a great job. Here are some of the results:

Before...


Photo Meeting Client Room
Not bad but lacking character...



Photo Meeting Client Room
Step 1) Make it looks like a mess



Photo Meeting Client Room



Photo Meeting Client Room
Check out them skillz, the color is called "cathedral grey"



Photo Meeting Client Room
Painted the dinning room "deepest" grape



I decided that since I was painting the room "cathedral gray" it might not look so good if I had all black & white photos displayed on a grey wall. I prefer my photo studio not to look like it's constantly rainy and overcast.

Just this very week Megan from Build A Sign sends me an email. She has some new products that she would love for me to try out! After debating back and forth for a few weeks about what pictures to put up in my newly painted studio I decide to get 3 18x24" poly prints and a street sign for my front door. They just arrived last week and I have to say they are fantastic looking!


Photo Meeting Client Room
The new front door signage!



Photo Meeting Client Room
The new polystyrene art prints



Photo Meeting Client Room
These things are awesome, they are really thick and I actually have them hung with some small hooks



Photo Meeting Client Room
The finished room! Not bad at all!

1 comment: